The Series 6 and 6T high-performance Adaptec SAS/SATA RAID adapters offer maximum performance, scalability and reliability. With the enhanced bandwidth of its 6 Gb/s SAS 2.0 interfaces and the PCIe Gen 2 host connection they offer up to 60% higher sustained sequential throughput than previous generation adapters.
Based on PMC-Sierra's market-leading, multi-core SRC 8x6G RAID-on-Chip (RoC) the Adaptec Series 6 and Series 6T can deliver up to 2 GB/s sustained data transfer rate to the host. Peak performance is up to 4.8GB/s through the SAS 2.0 interfaces and 4.0GB/s through the PCIe Gen 2 host interface. Using SAS expanders, it can connect up to 256 SAS/SATA.
The Adaptec Series 6 and Series 6T support a broad range of operating systems, compatibility with more than 300 third-party devices, and full integration with Adaptec Storage Manager™ for centralized management of all Adaptec RAID adapters on the network.
Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection Kit Option – Maximum protection and Savings
Adaptec Series 6 is the industry's first adapter which offers Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection (ZMCP) that eliminates Battery Backup Units (BBUs) in favor of 4GB of NAND flash memory to protect cached data and eliminate the installation, monitoring, maintenance, disposal and replacement costs associated with BBUs. Available as a separate Kit: Adaptec Flash Module 600 (AFM-600).
With Hybrid RAID 1 & 10 Series 6 and 6T adapters offer maximum performance and reliability by combining Solid State Drives (SSDs) and Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) in a single array. Performing read operations from the faster SSD and write operations on both the SSDs and HDD results in tremendous performance gains over standard HDD RAID arrays. Hybrid RAID offers the benefits of both technologies and allows a better cost-per-operation.
All Series 6 & 6T:
- 6805: 8 internal ports
- 6805T: 8 internal ports, top-mounted connectors
- 6445: 8 ports (4 internal/4 external)
- 6405: 4 internal ports
- 6405T: 4 internal ports, top-mounted connectors
- 6 Gb/s throughput at each port
- PMC-Sierra PM8013 Dual Core RAID on Chip (ROC)
- SAS 2.0 interfaces and PCIe Gen 2 Host Connection
- Low Profile, MD2 Form Factor
- Supports up to 256 SAS/SATA drives
- Enclosure management support via LED header and SES2/SGPIO
- Hybrid RAID 1 & 10: SSD + HDD for Maximum Performance and Reliability
- Intelligent Power Management – Reduces power and cooling costs by as much as 70%
- Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection Kit Option
- 6Gb/s performance RAID adapters support both SAS and SATA devices and offer unique features including Zero Maintenance Cache Protection and Intelligent Power Management.
- Ideal for bandwidth intensive storage applications; NAS, online transaction processing servers (OLTP), web servers, digital surveillance and streaming applications.
- For dense-server applications Series 6T with recessed top-mounted connectors provide maximum hardware flexibility and all the same performance and features as Series 6.
- Hardware RAID functionality
- Hybrid RAID
- Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection
- Intelligent Power Management
High I/O transaction and high bandwidth processing; solutions that reduce energy consumption and maintenance costs.
Key RAID Features
- Supports up to 256 SATA or SAS devices using SAS expanders
- RAID levels 0, 1, 1E, 5, 5EE, 6, 10, 50, 60 and JBOD
- Optimized Disk Utilization
- Quick initialization
- Online Capacity Expansion
- Copyback Hot Spare
- Dynamic caching algorithm
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- Background initialization
- Hot-plug drive support
- RAID Level Migration
- Hot spares – global, dedicated, and pooled
- SES and SAF-TE enclosure management
- Automatic/manual rebuild of hot spares
- Configurable stripe size
- S.M.A.R.T. support
- Multiple arrays per disk drive
- Dynamic sector repair
- Staggered drive spin-up
- Bootable array support
- Adaptec maxView Storage Manager
- Web based GUI Management Utility
- OS Support: Windows, Linux, Solaris VMware
- Remote configuration, monitoring & notification
- Remote firmware updates
- SMI-S Support
Adaptec BIOS Configuration Utility (CTRL+A)
- Command Line Interface
- SMI-S support for VMware
Adaptec uEFI BIOS Configuration Utility
- BIOS level configuration utility
- Flashable BIOS support
For more information on Adaptec maxView Storage Manager, please see ASK Answer ID 17285.
- HII based confi guration utility
- Flashable BIOS support
6405/6445/6805: For a detailed list see ASK Answer ID 17078.
- Microsoft Windows
- Red Hat Linux
- SUSE Linux
- Debian Linux
- Ubuntu Linux
- Sun Solaris
- VMware ESX
6405T/6805T: For a detailed list see ASK Answer ID 17137.
Data Transfer Rate
Bus System Interface
512MB of DDR2 667MHz cache memory
- 6805: 2 internal (SFF-8087) Mini SAS
- 6805T: 2 Internal (SFF-8087) Mini SAS, top-mounted
- 6405: 1 internal (SFF-8087) Mini SAS
- 6445: 1 internal (SFF-8087) Mini SAS, 1 external (SFF-8088) Mini SAS
- 6405T: 1 Internal (SFF-8087) Mini SAS, top-mounted
- Adaptec RAID 6805 adapter
- Cables: Two mSASx4-4SATA x1-SB, 0.7m*
- Adaptec RAID 6805T adapter
- Adaptec RAID 6405 adapter
- Cables: One Mini SAS x4 to (4x) SATA fanout cable w/ sideband, 0.7m*
- Adaptec RAID 6405T adapter
- Adaptec RAID 6445 adapter
Also included with each adapter:
- Additional low profile vented bracket
- Adaptec RAID Installation DVD (bootable, incl. documentation, drivers & software)
*Single does not include cables
2.5" H x 6.6" L (64mm x 167mm)
0°C to 55°C* (with 200 LFM airflow; without flash)
0°C to 50°C* (with 200 LFM airflow; with flash)
Note: This Adaptec card contains a powerful RAID processor which requires adequate airflow to operate reliably. Please install this card only into server or PC chassis with recommended airflow (200 LFM).
* Ambient temperature measured 1" away from the RAID processor
0.125A @ 3.3VDC
0.80A @ 12VDC measured on PCIe Gen 2 systems with 6G drives
CE, FCC, UL, C-tick, VCCI, KCC
Mean Time Before Failure (MTBF)
860,953 hours at 40 degree C.
Kit P/N: 2271200-R (SRP) $600.00
Single P/N: 2270100-R* (SRP) $550.00
Single P/N: 2272800-R* (SRP) $550.00
Kit P/N: 2271100-R (SRP) $420.00
Single P/N: 2270000-R* (SRP) $375.00
Single P/N: 2272700-R* (SRP) $375.00
Single P/N: 2270200-R* (SRP) $550.00
*Single does not include cables